Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Sept 1, 2014 Delio was baptized!

Delio got baptized!!!!!!!  Yay!!!

Hipon!  (Shrimp in Tagalog)
One of the members brought us fresh shrimp that he had just caught straight from the ocean.  This is literally first thing in the morning (which is why I look so lovely) that he brought them over and they are the BIGGEST shrimp I have ever seen in my life.  This one was the very biggest and is as long as my hand.  Or longer.  It was delicious. 


Hello Family!!!!!

Oh man I was soooooooooo excited to hear that Johnny got called to the New York, New York South mission.  That is super exciting.  A mission is really going to challenge him but it will be an amazing experience.  I know that missions are so important and you grow so much in them.  I wish that everyone could serve a mission!

This week was great because Delio Cayanan was baptized!!!!!!  He is one of the few investigators that I found and taught and baptized.  Usually I get transferred before the baptism, but I actually got to see this one.  He was so excited the day of the baptism and I wish you all could have seen the look on his face when he was walking up to the baptismal font.  He was so happy. And his wife literally clapped when he walked out of the font.  Hopefully we can get her baptized this month too!  The next day, we were really worried because it was 9:00 and he still hadn't showed up to church.  I thought, "Oh no, we forgot to tell him how important it was to come to the church the next day and get confirmed!" but he walked in after a few minutes and all of us (including the branch presidency) breathed a sigh of relief.  So he is officially baptized and a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!!!!!

We also found a really awesome family this week that we are super excited about.  It is the Trajano family and they were taught about 10 years ago by the elders but then they moved.  So now they are back and we found them again!  We challenged them to be baptized in September, and Mark (the husband) said, "I should have been baptized a long time ago but for some reason it never happened."  So they accepted the baptismal date for September 20.  The wife and the three kids came to church on Sunday, but the husband was called in to work suddenly so he didn't come.  So next Sunday he should be able to come to church.  Marlyn (the wife) said to us the first time we went there, "We just met but I feel like we've known each other for a long time."  Already I really love their family and I really want to see them get baptized and then go to the temple.  Hopefully, actually faithfully, it will happen this month!

The work is going good here in Pilar and continues to progress.  My companion Sister Domingo is really good and we have a pretty good companionship.  She is SUPER madaldal (talkative) which used to annoy me at first but now it's all good because she gets people to trust her really fast.  And she is really good at teaching and asking questions.  I am learning so much from her already!  It's kind of funny though because we hear all the time "There's a little one and a big one!" as we're walking down the street.  Yep, she's really little!  But she has a fireball personality.

I hope that you are all having a great end of the summer.  It's kind of funny becuase it's 'winter' here.  so I'm having a hard time imagining that it is summer over there.  Hope everyone has a great first week of school. Keep reading your scriptures and praying EVERY DAY!  Alam ko na mahal kayo ng Diyos at sa pamamagitan ang pagsunod natin sa kanyang mga kautusan, pagpapalain at uunlad tayo!  Marami po ang mga biyaya na inihanda Niya para sa atin kung lalapit tayo sa kanya.

mahal ko kayo!
Sister Sirrine






No comments:

Post a Comment