Friday, May 23, 2014

May 19, 2014 Another Transfer!








With my mission president who is going home in June
  
Waiting for the bus after our zone activity.  We're so tired  haha

Pretty sunset with a really cool blue streak in the sky



Hello Hello Family!

Well, this week went by fast!  This week is transfer week and Sis Empalmado feels like she is going to be transferred.  I'm going to be really sad if that happens because I really like her a lot.  Some companions I'm fine with that even though I don't have any problems with them, but I really love her a lot.  Oh well.  Such is the life of a missionary.  And one of our housemates went home yesterday so we're in a trisome again.  I'm always in a house with a sister who is in her last transfer!  My first transfer it was really hard.  I wanted to go home too.  And the other sisters were trunky and it kind of makes you trunky.  But I realized this transfer, that I wasn't jealous that sister Ila was going home.  I realized that I was sad for her and that I don't really want to go home.  And then I realized just exactly how fast this is going and that pretty soon, it's going to be over and I'll never be a missionary again. 

Well, anyway, so we had a good week this week.  Oh man, I'm so excited for the baptism of Leonard.  He is so ready!  He reminds me of Melvin in Masinloc because from lesson 1, he was ready to accept it and came to church.  And the day we taught him word of wisdom, he gave it all up.  We visited him last week and he said that he is so excited for his baptism.  He is reading the Book of Mormon and he really understands it.  I can tell that he is going to be a future priesthood leader!  And...when we went to him on Thursday, he said that he wanted to come and work with us too, just like the members do here.  So yesterday, he came and worked with us the whole day!  He said it was really fun working with the missionaries and he's excited to do it again and practice so that he can share with the investigators and less actives, just like the other members do.  And he has lots of support and has made a lot of friends here in the branch which makes being an investigator so much easier!  I'm so excited for his baptism!

I do have a little bit of sad news though.  Bing, our other investigator who should also be baptized on may 31.  When we were first going to her, she accepted the baptismal goal date, but very hesitantly.  But she's been coming to church and her little girls love it.  They ask when they can go back.  We always follow up and ask how her preparation for baptism is going and she always just laughs and says we'll see.  But then we went to her on Wednesday and she said that she's excited for it.  The first time she's said that!  And she really wants to be baptized.  She knows that this church is true and that it teaches really good things to her little girls.  So we were so happy about that.  But then we went back and taught law of chastity to her and found out that she isn't married.  And her husband works construction and only comes home once a year (Christmas).  So it's impossible for her to get married anytime soon.  (My district leader told me to have them do it over skype....i don't think that's possible unfortunately) Bing was so disappointed and we were so sad.  But we told her that we would help her in any way that we could to get everything ready for when he comes home.  But she told us,. "Sisters, even though I can't get baptized, I still want to come to church."  I was soooooooo happy inside when she said that!  Other people get offended because they can't get baptized and then, although they know it is true, they stop coming to church and stop trying.  But Bing doesn't want to do that. She knows this is true and so she is going to keep coming until it's possible for her to be baptized.  I was so proud of her!  And she came t church yesterday!  I can't wait to hear the news that she's been baptized and hopefully along with her husband :)

well, that's all the exciting stuff.  I love my area and my companion and Tagalog.  I realized the other day that I can speak Tagalog.  That's weird.  And I feel pretty fluent in it. Not totally...but kind of.  What a miracle that is!  

Well, I love you all!  Hope you are doing great and are reading scriptures and praying everyday.  And all you 17 and 18 and 19 year old young men, start preparing to go on a mission.  It is so important!  I had no idea before I served just exactly how important it is.  We're really trying to push the young men here in Sta Cruz to serve missions because it's been almost 10 years since Sta Cruz branch had a missionary.  The branch doesn't really push then to serve missions and so they don't.  But as missionaries, we're really trying to push them because there's about 10 that are 18 and they are so good!  I want them all to serve missions!  

Well, gotta go, but I love you all!  Ingat kayo lagi!

Sister Sirrine


our zone pyramid

Playing in the sand.  I've got the Filipino squat down!

The sta cruz sisters~!

The snake game at our zone activity!










No comments:

Post a Comment