Monday, June 16, 2014

June 16, 2014 Gandang umaga po sa aking pamilya at mga kaibigan!!!

We eat anything here in the Philippines. Even Cheetos and rice.... (it's pretty good!  You should try it!)


Me and my cute comp!
The members that are always working with us here in Sta Cruz!!!!

Gandang umaga po sa aking pamilya at mga kaibigan!!!

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes! I had a pretty good birthday....not every missionary happens to have a mission activity on their birthday so that was pretty cool.  I got to see all my old comps and we got to play again.  (We broke the Olongapo mission record for baptisms again this month!  Wooo!  Go us!)  And then, we went home and stopped at Jollibee (which is a fast food restaurant here) and my zone bought me spaghetti (that's a Filipino tradition here.  You eat spaghetti on your birthday) and sang to me.  It was pretty good :)


This week was pretty good too as far as the work!  I'm so excited for Mark this week because he passed his interview and he is going to be baptized on Saturday!  Talk about someone who has totally changed.  In his life he pretty much has done everything that is against what the gospel teaches us to do,  but he felt the spirit and wanted to change.  And he changed.  Immediately.  And he is inviting all of his friends to listen to us.  He is really excited about his baptism and really wants to be a good person.  It's amazing how fast the gospel can change a person's life.

Mark (gray shirt) and Erik.  Mark passed his interview and is going to be baptized on Saturday!!!
















We taught Bing about tithing.  (she's the one who can't be baptized until Christmas time because she's not married yet)  So she's not a member yet but she comes to church every week and she paid her tithing last week!  Then when we went to her on Wednesday, she excitedly told us that she saw blessings from paying her tithing.  She said that after she paid her tithing, a lot of people came to her to pay her to sew things for them.  She immediately saw an increase in her work!  She was so so so excited about this and so she now has a way to save even more to be able to afford to get married when her husband comes home.  She really has seen so many blessings in her life since she has accepted the gospel.  I wish I could see her get baptized!!!

We have an investigator that we kind of chastened him for not reading the Book of Mormon.  We told him that the only way to know if what we are saying is true is by reading!  (he had read up to 1 nephi 4 and then stopped) so he flipped open to 2 Nephi 31 and said that by Saturday he would be there (it was Thursday).  So we told him to just read it and ask god if it's true.  We went back to him on Saturday and I noticed that his bookmark was really far into the Book of Mormon.  My comp just asked if he read and prayed and started the lesson.  But I was curious if he really read all that.  So I asked him where he was.  He flipped open to 2 Nephi 31 and started telling us everything that happened in 1 and 2 Nephi.  We were so amazed!  We were really hoping that he would come to church but he didn't (even though he promised).  He has a lot of potential but he's 60+ and the church thing is really hard for him to do. We'll just keep praying for him!!!

Well, that's about it!  I hope that you all had a great week and I love you all!  The church is true!  The Book of Mormon is true.  I know because I read it and I asked God if it was true and received an answer for myself.  Everyone should do Moroni's challenge even if you already believe it is true.  The Holy Ghost will tell you again.  Every time that you do his challenge.

Mahal ko kayo!!!
Sister Sirrine



We had district conference this week and I saw all the members from Masinloc!!!  Mel and Melvin are still active and they just received the melchezidek preisthood!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment