Sunday, November 23, 2014

November 24, 2014 Time is getting shorter

A pomelo.  Basically a Filipino grapefruit, literally the size of dodgeballs.  They are HUGE!  And delicious


Kumusta!!!

Well, this week was another good week.  Man, time is flying.  Everyone here is reminding me of when I go home.  One sister in my zone is counting down the days for me.  And all of my recent converts and the other people we visit always ask, "When are you leaving again sister??"  I'm trying not to think about it but everyone else is doing that for me! But I am super excited.

Nothing too exciting this week (just the normal missionary stuff) but we do have a family that we're excited about.  It is the Apo family.  (funny thing: 'apo' in tagalog is 'grandchild'.  Great last name!) Sonny is the husband and Marites is the wife.  We've only taught a few lessons but they really listen when we teach them.  We originally met Marites's father on the street and he stopped us because he lived in San Diego for like 30 years.  So he stopped me and started talking to me and how he is an American citizen.  (He's a VERY talkative 81 year old! He talked about all sorts of stuff about America) So then we asked if we could meet his kids.  We met Marites and we taught her and her husband and son right then.  They have two super adorable granddaughters and one of them is Mary's age.  I just love love love to teach families!

Also, Delio and James showed up in white shirts and black pants yesterday!!!  I love that!  It is so exciting when the recent converts show up dressed in a white shirt and pass the sacrament.  I have seen such a change in the life of Delio.  It is so neat to see his and James' knowledge growing and their desire to have faith grow stronger.  That is the best thing for a missionary!

Sister Lucillo and I are doing great here.  I'm starting to feel like I've knocked on every door here in Pilar but we are still finding new people.  Even though it is slow, we are seeing progress here in Pilar and the members here are getting excited about the temple.  Some of our less actives have been given callings and they are already doing great at fulfilling them.  Gigi Raguero (a less active) was called to the primary and she is so excited!  (we taught primary again yesterday. Haha I'm getting pretty good at it)  It's so great to see them when they are truly involved in the church!

Well, I hope you all have a great week!  I'm trying to work harder than ever here.  I can feel the time getting shorter and shorter and it makes me nervous.  It's going so fast.  I love this work!!!

Mahal ko kayo!
Sister Sirrine






No comments:

Post a Comment